Trunk or Treat!
Are you ready for some spooky, community fun?! Katy Fire Department, Fort Bend MUD 151, and the Firethorne CAI would like to invite you out to the annual Trunk or Treat event this weekend!
When: Saturday, October 27th, 2018 from 6:00-9:00pm
Where: HOA Clubhouse parking lot, 28800 S Firethorne Rd, Katy, Texas, 77494
Join your neighbors and come out and enjoy cool cars, food trucks, snow cones, music, candy, and cool prizes for winners of the costume contest. Raffles will be held from local and resident businesses.
If you would like to participate with your vehicle, golf cart, and/ or motorcycle email Matt Freeman email@example.com or Michael Slone firstname.lastname@example.org. Space is limited.
Halloween Fire Safety
The Firefighters and Staff of Katy Fire Department would like to remind everyone of some important fire safety tips during Halloween:
- Avoid costumes with long fabric and make sure your child can see clearly under their mask.
- Always carry a flashlight or integrate glow-sticks into your child's costume.
- Keep all decorations away from open flames and heat sources.
- Use battery operated candles or glow-sticks inside jack-o-lanterns. Lit candles should be monitored with extreme caution around children. Keep your jack-o-lanterns away from doorsteps, walkways, yards, and anything that can burn, as it is both a fire and trip hazard.
- Do not block exits with decorations.
- Check all smoke and carbon monoxide alarms to ensure they work.
- Remind children to stay away from open flames including jack-o-lanterns. Make sure they know how to “stop, drop, and roll” should their clothing catch fire.
- If your children are attending a Halloween party at another's home, ensure they plan an escape route from the home in case of an emergency.
Katy Fire Department will also have Firethorne Fire Engine #3 roaming around Firethorne on Halloween night, so if the kids are out and about make sure to say “hello”, or give a wave to the crew!
Share this post to social media using the buttons at the top of the news post to spread the news to your neighbors on Facebook and Twitter!